Interested in sustainability and helping others live a less wasteful lifestyle? We are hiring a sustainability intern at our refill station located in scenic Topanga Canyon.
The day to day will include compost management, recycling management, community outreach, social media assistance, data entry and collaborating with local non-profit, poison free Topanga.
This position includes 2 - 3 days a week (flexible). Shifts will be between 2 - 4 hours long.
- Maintain community compost
- Research and coordinate with recycling centers
- Collaborate with local non-profit, Poison Free Topanga
- Drive sales through social media by developing content for low waste consumerism
- Bring packages to the post office as needed.
- Manage fundraising efforts as needed.
- Alert management of potential security issues.
Sustainability Intern / position details:
- we are open 10am - 6pm everyday
- the position would be part time (up to 16 hours weekly)
- 2 - 3 days a week (flexible)
- Internship is for school credit only. Intern must be enrolled in college and pursuing a degree in sustainability or environmental awareness
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs
Sustainability Intern Qualifications/ Skills:
- Interested in a career in sustainability / and or the environment
- Interested in educating others about low waste
- Able to thrive in a fast paced environment while multitasking with attention to detail
- Great oral and written communication
- Interested in community outreach
Please send your resume and a little blurb about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org