Retail Sales Associate (part time)
Interested in sustainability and helping others live a less wasteful lifestyle? We are hiring a part time sales associate at our refill station located in scenic Topanga Canyon.
The day to day will include refilling people's containers with home and body goods such as laundry detergent, shampoo, body wash, etc... all without creating unnecessary waste and packaging!
When it’s busy in the shop, it can get quite hectic! This requires someone detail-oriented, who can multi-task under pressure, all while being informative and friendly with customers. During downtime, you will replenish our stock (which will require heavy lifting -- often 40-50lbs of weight), create content for social media, and do various tasks to ensure the store is running smoothly.
This position includes 2-3 days a week including at least one weekend day. Shifts will be between 5-8 hours long.
There is room to grow here as we are expanding into eCommerce, workshops, delivery, and so much more, but at the moment we really need someone who can be a dedicated retail associate.
- Help customers select and fill products.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’ questions.
- Escort customers through store process.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Document sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Alert management of potential security issues.
- Assist with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Assist with behind the scenes washing, filling, lifting, cleaning bulk products and containers.
- Assist marketing with in store content creation
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
Store / position details:
- We are open 10am - 6pm everyday
- The position would be part time (10-20 hours/week)
- 1 weekend day
- Flexibility for staff coverage is preferred
- No current benefits available (except discount on store merchandise)
- Pay will be between $15-$17/hr depending on experience
Retail Sales Associate Qualifications/ Skills:
- Excellent customer service
- Selling to customer needs
- Fast paced environment
- Sense of urgency
- Initiative and drive
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Job knowledge
- 1+ years of retail/restaurant/market experience / key holder experience desired
Please send your resume and a little about yourself to email@example.com