Retail Sales Associate / Key Holder
Interested in sustainability and helping others live a less wasteful lifestyle? We are hiring a sales associate at our refill station located in scenic Topanga Canyon.
The day to day will include refilling people's containers with home and body goods such as laundry detergent, shampoo, body wash, etc... all without creating unnecessary waste and packaging!
When it’s busy in the shop, it can get quite hectic! This requires someone detail-oriented, who can multi-task under pressure, all while being informative and friendly with customers. During downtime, you will replenish our stock (which will require heavy lifting), create content for social media, and do various tasks to ensure the store is running smoothly.
This position will include the responsibility of a key holder and requires 2-4 days/week including at least one weekend day and Monday.
There is room to grow here as we are expanding into eCommerce, workshops, delivery, and so much more, but at the moment we really need someone who can be a dedicated retail associate.
- Reliably open and close the store.
- Help customers select and fill products.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’ questions.
- Escort customers through store process.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Document sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Alert management of potential security issues.
- Assist with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Assist with behind the scenes washing, filling, lifting, cleaning bulk products and containers.
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Manage till at end of day.
Store / position details:
- 10am - 6pm everyday
- The position would be part time < 20hrs to start full days Sundays & Mondays are required. With opportunity to grow.
- Flexibility for staff coverage is preferred.
- No current benefits available.
- Pay will be based on experience.
Retail Sales Associate Qualifications/ Skills:
- Excellent customer service
- Selling to customer needs
- Fast paced environment
- Sense of urgency
- Initiative and drive
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Job knowledge
- 1+ years of retail / key holder experience desired
Please send your resume and a little about yourself to email@example.com